Friday 11 June 2010

Snow Patrol Gig (#snowpatrol #editors #bandofhorses #frightenedrabbit)

It's all coming that little bit closer everyday. I'm finally going to see one of my favourite bands live. Unbelievably on top of that is the fact i'm also going to be able to witness two other bands i'm really into.

It was only in March that i seen the Editors live in my hometown. I'll be getting to see it all again. Can't believe it. They were fantastic when they sold out Fat Sams. The venue wasn't the biggest which made it an even better gig. To be able to experience it all again and under a totally different setting is surreal. The gig is of course totally outdoors.


As for Band Of Horses, they're a relatively new band on the scene. They've been around for years but are only just coming into their own here in the UK. I discovered them thanks to the first SKATE game with "The Funeral". I've followed them since and they just get more interesting and soothing with every track i hear.


Frightened Rabbit are also a band i've heard of so i'll happily give them a mention. I haven't heard too much of their material but i've been pleased from what i've heard so far. I only came across them earlier this year i think. Got their album and gave it a few listens. Naturally when they were announced as support for Snow Patrol i slyly popped their stuff back on in my itunes player. Their not half bad. Being a Scottish band helps them out too :)


Come Saturday I see it being a whole new experience for me personally. I've never been to an outdoor gig at all. Never fancied the festivals and so on. If this goes well then i'm sure i might just consider the festivals next year. I'll be sure to post what pics and videos i can get up here. So look out for some of that. Can't wait for this thing.

-Dave
Share

No comments: