Thursday 10 June 2010

Recovery (#eminem)

He's back yet again apparently. I've just came across his latest, Recovery.

Now I haven't personally listened to a full Eminem album since way back in my teens with "The Eminem Show". Everyone goes through one of those phases right? Only some people never get out of it. I slipped out of it and more into my rock and so forth just before i turned 18. What I'm trying to get across is that it's always joyful and insightful to venture back and see what's changed since you were last in the period of time.


I stumbled upon his latest single "I'm not afraid" a few weeks back now. I was on my way home from St Andrews with Bats himself and it came across Radio 1. You can always tell when you're about to be graced with an Eminem track. It didn't initially disappoint though to my surprise. A few of his tracks in the past failed to come across interestingly for me. This particular track struck a chord though. I think it's the lyrics that came across impressively compared to other things. The guy's known for his lyrics so it's not really a surprise but leading up to two weeks ago, I decided to purchase the song from the itunes store. It only cost around about £0.99 so i wasn't too bothered about having to pay for it. Still to this day I can happily sit around and listen away engrossed in it.

Back to the overall album now though. I got my hands on it this morning and i'm now slowly making my way through it. Definitely different in content from previous albums. He's definitely grew a sense of maturity in the majority of the tracks. I haven't come across many comic-like songs that he's also known for. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing is up to his die-hards i suppose.

Something else apparent on the album are the amount of collaborations present. Some of them include Kobe and Lil' Wayne aswell as Pink and Rihanna. Adds a little bit extra to the tracks in my opinion. Always nice to mix things up a little. They all come across naturally aswell. Doesn't seem out of place at all.

Definitely an improvement for me over other albums since "The Eminem Show". Be sure to check it out and see if you agree.

-Dave
Share

No comments: