Monday 12 April 2010

Killing Floor - Lee Child - My new book (#leechild #killingfloor #jackreacher)

I have no idea what's happened to me so far this year. I've read more books in the past couple of months than I have my entire childhood. Ranging from 3 of Danny Wallace's books to Twilight and soon to be New Moon. What happened to the old Dave who simply got by playing football everynight and enjoying a vivid session on the xbox or ps2 back in the day?

He's not gone anywhere in reality, I'm still here. Grudgingly trying to find a reason for the change. I can't though in all honesty, I've just discovered, like countless others than i enjoy a partial read of a book now and again.


One book, and hopefully series, that I'm hoping I'm about to get into is "Killing Floor" The first in a line of 13 books centered around an ex-military cop that goes by the name of Jack Reacher. He's described as being "trained to think fast and act faster", "having an eye for the ladies" and "every thinking reader's perfect action hero." Sounds fantastic to me. Definitely comes across as a Bond/Bourne character mixed into one. Being a big fan of both I'm more than eager to get reading the books.

The books come courtesy of Lee Child, a British author who divides his time between New York and France, talk about luxury. All of his thrillers feature this man Jack Reacher. Every one of them have had the privilege of being international bestsellers. If that's not something to spark an interest in his books then i don't know what will be.

The book I'm about to soon start is again his first outing with Reacher. I didn't want to begin reading a random part of the story so did a little research and discovered other people thought the same way and recommended starting at the beginning...obviously.

As the back of the novel reads..

"Margrave is a no-account little town in Georgia. Jack Reacher jumps off a bus and walks fourteen miles in the rain, just passing through. An arbitrary decision, a tribute to a guitar player who died there decades before. But Margrave has just had its first homicide in thirty years. And Reacher is the only stranger in town. So the murder is pinned on him. As nasty secrets leak out and the body count mounts, only one thing is for sure: They picked the wrong guy to take the fall. "Killing Floor" introduces Jack Reacher, the tough ex-military cop of no fixed abode. Trained to think fast and act faster, with an eye for the women, he is truly every thinking reader's perfect action hero."

I can't help but continually link the sound of the character to Jason Bourne and co. That was my main reason for picking this book up. To witness first hand exactly who this character of Jack Reacher is.

It's something I'm most definitely looking forward to getting into. It's a welcome change from Comedy and Vampire novels. I've never really had the book knowledge to pick out a series but that looks set to change with Killing Floor and Lee Child.

If you're looking for the book, check it out HERE
Enjoy if you do decide to pick it up.

-Dave
Share

No comments: